|FROM EDITORíS DESK
|Year : 2022 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 119
From Editors Desk
Department of Public Health Dentistry, Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
|Date of Submission||30-May-2022|
|Date of Acceptance||30-May-2022|
|Date of Web Publication||8-Jun-2022|
K R Sowmya
Department of Public Health Dentistry, Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Sowmya K R. From Editors Desk. J Indian Assoc Public Health Dent 2022;20:119
Welcome to the second issue of the year 2022.
I sincerely thank all the authors, reviewers, editorial board members, office bearers of IAPHD, all the members, Medknow, and readers for extending their continuous support and cooperation in bringing out the second issue of the year 2022 successfully.
Indexing our Journal will help achieve its main purpose of being accessible to a wide audience. Being accessible in turn will improve our Journal's reputation as a reliable source of high-quality information in our field. Database research is the first activity researchers undertake as part of their study, and they naturally look to established, well-known databases. Thus, being indexed will help increase our Journal's readership. In this regard, I request the authors to follow certain guidelines which are the basic requirements for indexing. To mention a few,
- Study aims are clearly stated and logical. The study design should be robust and appropriate to the stated aim
- Rationale/justification for conducting the study to be mentioned
- Methods to be described in sufficient detail so that the experiment can be reproduced (Check the reporting guidelines)
- Discussion section should be critical and comprehensive
- Statements supported appropriately by parenthetical citations
- Conclusions drawn should be supported by the data
- References should be appropriate in number and up to date
- Ethical statements and patient consent should be mentioned. Conflicts of interest disclosure and funding statements should also be mentioned
- Figures and tables: Figures and tables should be well constructed and of sufficiently high resolution, well annotated, and easy to read and interpret
- Language quality: Writing should be clear, concise, and logical; the language must not impede scientific meaning or cause confusion.
I request all the authors to adhere to these guidelines which will help us take the Journal to the next level of indexing.